- Walk the property to check for any damage. If there is any damage, take a picture with your phone and call the office immediately. No work shall be performed until the office has contacted the homeowner about the damage.
- Place sign in front yard.
- Power-wash all areas to be painted or stained. Place door hanger on front door, (Power Washing Has Been Completed)
- Hammer in all loose nails and fill nail holes with caulking.
- Lay plastic over concrete, decking, plants, outdoor furniture, to protect from loose scrapings and new paint.
- Scrape loose paint, big drip marks and bubbled paint areas.
- Prime and caulk all new boards & exposed wood.
- Caulk open seams.
- Caulk nail holes.
- Check paint against color decks to ensure we have correct paint. If the colors do not match, contact the office immediately.
- Cover all windows with plastic before spraying.
- Cover all glass on meters & air conditioning units before painting.
- Do not cut or break any trees, bushes, shrubs or branches. It is the home owner’s responsibility to cut them back before painting.
- Do not complete any work that is not written on the job jacket. If the customer requests something that is not on the job jacket, have them call the office.
- All trash must be removed from property at the end of each day.
- Paint chips need to be picked up/swept up.
- All plastic, tape and paper must be removed from the house/property.
- Check to make sure all trim lines are straight.
- Replace any weather stripping after painting.
- Do not rinse brushes on grass, and make sure all paint is washed from the area.
- Turn off water and wind hose up.
- Leave any unused paint at the property.
- Complete walk through with the customer.
- Perform any touch-ups that need to be completed.
I have completed all tasks on the painter’s checklist: